CAMIN-ART and MUSLAB ensemble calls for:
Composers and visual artists of any age, gender or nationality to participate by sending in a piece of electroacoustic music, electroacoustic music and video and/or video mapping for the 2018 International Electroacoustic Music Exhibition.Composers and visual artists of any age, gender or nationality to participate by sending in a piece of electroacoustic music, electroacoustic music and video and/or video mapping for the 2018 International Electroacoustic Music Exhibition.
About the art piece.
- Deadline for applications: March 15 through July 1 of 2018.
- Only pieces composed after JAnuary 1 of 2008
- Piece length shall be from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Only one piece per each category defined by the author will be admitted
- Submissions should be signed by the author (authors) and pseudonyms will not be admitted.
- Every art piece, including those previously exhibited, could participate if accompanied by a letter of consent for their presentation and recording at this exhibition.
- There will not be fees for registration.
- Category A (Audio only): Open for compositions of autonomous electroacoustic music (MUSICA DE CINTA), submit just one movement regardless of the full length of the piece.
- Category B (Audio and video): Open for compositions of autonomous electroacoustic music, submit just one movement regardless of the full length of the piece. Compositions intended for electroacoustic and video.
- Category C (Video only): Open for visual art/video-art compositions.
Track numbers: Stereo, 3.0, 4.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
Permitted file formats: .aif, .wav, .mov, .mp4
All participants must register electronically and attach a ZIP file containing the following:
1. Registration application properly duly completed online.
2. High resolution photography of the artist.
3. Signed consent letter. (Download here).
4. Link to a downloadable full length composition.
5. Attach a stereo copy of the piece .mp3 format.
If any of the previous is missing the submission would not be considered.
IMPORTANT: Do not use storage servers that erase the files sent a while ago (e.g. Wetransfer). Your files must be available for download at any time up until the release of the results. Some options may be: Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive.
ABOUT THE SELECTION:
- Cultural Society CAMIN-ART and MUSLAB Ensamble have invited renowned composer and musicologist, all of them with extensive experience in electroacoustic music to form a Selection Committee that will review the quality of the pieces submitted.
- Compositions will be presented and promoted regardless of the attendance of the author, however for those creators interested in attending the exhibition that confirm their presence, the committee will make an effort to program their piece during their stay in any of the venues. To accommodate you in the best possible conditions, we will be glad to hear about your possible attendance along with your submission and the potential dates for your travel.
- Travel, accommodation, or feeding expenses will not be covered. Nevertheless support will be given to creators available for travel by sending off letters or invitations directed towards entities that could be helping them to cover these expenses.
- By participating on this Exhibition, the author consents and authorizes to the promotion of their work excluding the cultural society CAMIN-ART and MUSLAB of any fee, responsibility to associations, or copyright entities and grants permission to promote their work at the concerts, activities and radio broadcasts of the MUSLAB International Electroacoustic Music Exhibition.
- All pieces that are signed in a record company must state this in a letter along with the permission from the record company to be promoted through MUSLAB International Electroacoustic Music Exhibition.
- If the author decides to participate in the production of a CD-DVD, which will be sent to different audio libraries and libraries around the world, they must send a consent letter for the recording of their work in this CD-DVD edition. The composer remains owner of the copyright but authorizes the promotion of their work.
- The audio recording presented in the exhibition will not be returned to the author and will remain in the archive of the cultural society CAMIN-ART and will be donated to the Mexican National Audio Library.
- MUSLAB International Electroacoustic Music Exhibition is not a contest; it is convocation and an opportunity to promote sound art linked to the creation of visual effects in public spaces, the training in new technologies and an artistic contribution to strengthen social coexistence. It will be held in outdoor spaces and forums in Mexico, Argentina and Brasil
- Selection Committee may decide not to include a piece in the exhibition or to change the program.
- Each participant will be notified regarding your application and selection status.
- Compositions will be programmed for exhibition from October 1 to December 31 2018 in different MUSLAB venues.
- Participating pieces could be broadcasted on the radio and web.