• MUSLAB Call for Works 2023:
Composers and visual artists of any age, gender or nationality are invited to participate by submitting their electroacoustic music or video-art works to the MUSLAB 2023 International Electroacoustic Music Festival. Guidelines: • Reception of works: from February 15 to June 1, 2023.
• The duration of the works will be free.
• Only one work will be admitted for each category defined by composer. • The works must be signed by the author(s) (pseudonyms are not allowed).
• All works, including those that have previously been presented in competitions and concerts, are eligible to participate, if accompanied by a letter of consent for their presentation.
• The author assumes responsibility for having the rights to present and publish the work that he submits to this exhibition. • There is no registration fee..
• Category A (audio only): open to stereo self-contained electroacoustic music (tape music) compositions. Number of channels allowed: stereo, 4.0, 5.1 8.0
• Category B (audio and video): open to autonomous electroacoustic musical compositions, With Video only one movement regardless of duration. Number of channels allowed: stereo, 4.0, 5.1 8.0
• Category C (audio and video): open to video art compositions, only one movement regardless of duration.
• Category D Audiovisual performance in real time: Open to works that use analog, digital or virtual media that are modified in real time as a performance.
Number of channels allowed: stereo, 4.0, 5.1 8.0
Allowed formats: .aif, .wav, .mov, .mp4
You must register electronically and attach a link to a file in ZIP format with the following documents:
1. A good resolution photograph.
2. Signed consent letter in the registration form letter of consent.(Dawnload here)
3. A link to download your piece in full version.
4. A copy of the piece in .mp3 format
5. Pieces in multiphonic formats that wish to participate in the CD production selection must also submit a stereo version in WAV or AIFF format.
If the documentation is not complete it will not be taken into account.
IMPORTANT: Do not use storage servers that delete sent files after a certain time (for example, Wetransfer NO).
Your files must be available at all times and until the date of publication of the results. Some options are: Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive. On the selection of works.
MUSLAB extends an invitation to renowned composers and musicologists, all with extensive experience in electroacoustic music, to form a Selection Committee that will review the quality of sound and visual works to be submitted. p>
• The selected works may be presented and broadcast in public.
• By participating with his work in MUSLAB, the composer grants his consent, rights and authorization to reproduce, spread and transmit his work by all the means used by the festival, in concerts, activities and broadcasts of radio or activities developed by MUSLAB. exempting MUSLAB from any payment or liability with copyright associations or entities.
• All works recorded with a record company must have a letter stating this fact, as well as the permission of the record label so that they can be transmitted and published within the International Exhibition of Electroacoustic Music, MUSLAB.
• If the author decides to participate in the selection for the production of a CD-DVD, in co-production which will be sent to different sound libraries and libraries in different countries and will be available for sale, he must mark the consent section to record your work in the edition of this CD-DVD. The composer retains the copyright but authorizes the recording and dissemination of his work by MUSLAB.
• Audio recordings submitted to the contest will not be returned to the composers and will remain in the MUSLAB files for safekeeping. • The Selection Committee may decide not to include a work in the sample or change the program.
• The MUSLAB International Electroacoustic Music Festival is not a contest; It is an opportunity to promote sound art and form part of a dissemination and support network for contemporary sound creation, which gives access to spaces for the representation and dissemination of sound art, as well as access to training that seeks to make tools that facilitate the integration of the participants to the labor market through the use of new technologies and an artistic contribution to strengthen social coexistence.
• All participants will be notified when their work is received and once it has been selected.